- To review, analyze and study matters relating to intellectual freedom.
- To educate members and disseminate information relating to matters of intellectual freedom.
- To provide information and assistance to members on matters relating to intellectual freedom.
- To develop statements which explain current intellectual freedom issues and their implications for libraries, to be adopted by the Executive Board.
- To provide prompt information if needed in an emergency.
- In an emergency, the Subcommittee may act on legislation without the formal approval of the Executive Board, but with consent of the President and the Chair of the Public Policy Committee.
INTELLECTUAL FREEDOM TOOLKITS
- NJLA Materials Challenge Form
- NJLA Intellectual Freedom Health Screening [pdf]
- ALA Privacy Toolkit
- ALA Libraries and the Internet Toolkit
- ALA Intellectual Freedom Blog
- ALA Intellectual Freedom Statements and Guidelines