- To identify the professional development needs of the Association.
- To develop opportunities for professional growth and networking, either within the Committee or by working with other sections, roundtables, committees and task forces.
- To develop core competencies for the profession, and to work with committees and sections to develop additional competencies.
- To promote the benefits of professional development and to inform the membership of opportunities available to them.
- To interact with the state’s library schools and communicate the profession’s needs and expectations.
- To coordinate the activities of the Conference Subcommittees, the Leadership and Education Subcommittee, and all other subcommittees and task forces under this committee.