- To solicit and recruit nominees and to accept petitions for officers of the Association, for members-at-large of the Executive Board and for ALA Councilor, according to the Constitution and Bylaws.
- To accept nomination and ballot information for Section elections.
- To collect biographical information and platform statements from the nominees.
- To forward all collected information to Executive Director for ballot preparation and distribution.
- To prepare, receive, collect and count the ballots.
- To inform President, Executive Director and candidates of election results prior to the annual meeting.
- To announce results of Elections at the annual meeting.